Customers will rarely make a purchase during their very first visit to a new website. It doesn’t matter how boldly designed the web store appears or how compelling the products and services are.
Just about 2% of first time visitors actually buy, which is quite discouraging. However, there are ways to increase that number.
With online shops shaping up to become one of the world’s largest markets, ecommerce business owners simply must find a way to close sales more on “first timers.”
Retargeting is one of the best ways to do this, yet it remains underused by online retailers. Many in the industry would be starkly surprised to see how much this tactic can move the needle.
As IAB reports, roughly 91% of marketing experts using this technique have found its effects to outperform standard display, search, or email ads. As marketers, we should all be excited about this trend.
We designed an easy-to-digest infographic, packed with facts and stats that are crucial to getting you started with retargeting. Here are just a few of them:
- Instagram is one of the world’s leading platforms for running a retargeting campaign. Its revenue from this type of advertising will surpass $10 billion in 2019 only.
- Just about 12% of global marketers tend to use the method for raising brand popularity, loyalty, and awareness.
- SEO relies on retargeting massively, as it is very useful in conducting and examining online traffic.
- Some 46% of global marketers feel that retargeting is the single most undervalued marketing convenience.
- Customers most often leave the carts before checking out when browsing for airline tickets, clothing, retail, and financial services.
The world of online marketing is still experimenting with this technique.
However, there is not a shadow of a doubt that it will only get better in time, with much higher success rates in the next few years. We have a lot in store for you, so keep reading.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions stated in this post are that of the author, and Return On Now may or may not agree with any or all of the commentary. Image provided courtesy of author under their own license.
Latest posts by Nick Galov (see all)
- The Effects Of Retargeting in Ecommerce [INFOGRAPHIC] - March 3, 2020
- Pay-Per-Click Demystified: A Snapshot of PPC Advertising in 2019 - June 27, 2019
- Affiliate Marketing Basics Explained [INFOGRAPHIC] - May 21, 2019