If your Domain Authority has been stagnant and you need a boost, this post is here to help get your creative juices flowing. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the world of Tier 2 link building – a powerful off-page SEO strategy that can help your website climb the SERPs.
So, let’s get started on your journey to mastering Tier 2 link building!
What are Tier 2 Links?
Before we dive deep into the details around Tier 2 link building, let’s discuss what Tier 2 links are and why they matter.
Simply put, Tier 2 links are the links that point to the pages which link directly to your website, a.k.a. “Tier 1 backlinks.”
In other words, they are one level removed from your primary website, but pointing at the links that point at your content.
Imagine your website as the main hub, and Tier 1 links as the direct connections to your site.
Tier 2 links, on the other hand, help improve the page authority for your Tier 1 links, so they can push more “link juice” over to your domain via the existing links.
Basically, tier 2 links provide a boost to the authority and credibility of your Tier 1 links, ultimately strengthening your site’s SEO.
Now that you know how it works, let’s explore the types of Tier 2 backlinks you should be pursuing to enhance your off-page SEO strategy.
Share your Tier 1 content on these platforms and encourage others to share it. When they take the bait, you’ll be on your way to increasing your website’s visibility and authority.
And if their shares result in some earned links, even better!
Guest Posts on Relevant Blogs
By collaborating with bloggers in your niche, you can position yourself for some beneficial off-page SEO work.
Pitch leading / relevant bloggers about providing guest posts for their blogs. When you get a bite, be sure to include links to your Tier 1 content.
This is one of the best and most white hat methods for earning valuable Tier 2 backlinks.
Web 2.0 Properties
Use these platforms to link back to your Tier 1 pages, adding an extra layer of link juice.
Niche Forums and Communities
By engaging in discussions and forums related to your industry, you can sometimes influence the creation of natural Tier 2 backlinks.
Be an active and helpful participant, and others may link to your Tier 1 content.
Consider announcing significant developments, product launches, or events related to your business through press releases.
When done properly, this can lead to Tier 2 backlinks from news outlets and industry-specific websites. You just have to link to the Tier 1 content within your PRs.
Video Sharing Platforms
Embed your videos on these platforms and link back to your website. And also link to your Tier 1 Links for an added boost on your existing link profile as well.
Why Second Tier Link Building Works
At this point, perhaps you are skeptical, wondering why Tier 2 link building is such an effective strategy.
Here are some compelling reasons:
- Boosted Link Diversity: Search engines favor websites with diverse link profiles. By creating Tier 2 links from various sources, you add diversity to your backlink profile, making it more appealing to search algorithms.
- Enhanced Tier 1 Links: Tier 2 links act as supporting pillars for your Tier 1 links. When you strengthen the links pointing to your primary website, it directly improves your Domain Authority and ranking potential.
- Natural Link Growth: Tier 2 links often develop organically. When people find value in your Tier 1 content, they may naturally share and link to it, creating a network of second-tier backlinks.
- Reduced Risk: Relying solely on Tier 1 links can be risky. If you should lose any of those links or find that they have been devalued, it can have a significant impact on your SEO. Tier 2 links provide an added layer of security.
While Tier 2 links play a crucial role in strengthening your off-page SEO, you might be wondering about Tier 3 backlinks.
Tier 3 links are links that point to your Tier 2 links. While they can add another layer of link authority, they are not as directly impactful as Tier 2 links.
Tier 3 links can be valuable in specific cases, particularly when you’re targeting highly competitive keywords.
However, they require more effort to build and manage. It’s usually best to focus on Tier 2 link building initially and consider Tier 3 links as a supplementary strategy when needed.
Stay as close to “home” (pun intended) as possible, and you’ll see faster success with your own link building efforts.
Conclusion: Tier 2 Link Building Is Worth Pursuing
Tier 2 link building is a solid off-page SEO strategy that can significantly improve the relative strength of your website’s existing Tier 1 links.
By understanding what Tier 2 links are, pursuing the right types of backlinks, and recognizing their importance, you’re well on your way to mastering this powerful technique.
So, start implementing Tier 2 link building into your SEO strategy today. It’s pretty easy to get started and can help your Domain Authority really thrive.
Latest posts by Tommy Landry (see all)
- 10x Content Repurposing: How to Reach A Wider Audience - February 22, 2024
- 10x Content Promotion: Best Tactics For Driving Exposure - February 20, 2024
- 10x Content: In-Depth Guide To Outpace the SEO Competition - February 15, 2024