Thanks to everyone who signed up for and attended yesterday’s SCORE Austin seminar, which served as the first of three in this year’s newly crafted Content Marketing Workshop Series.
The first session was focused on the basics of internet marketing, and we started pretty basic indeed. I’ve included the training slides below. In it, you will find the following sections of content that we covered on Thursday June 5, 2014:
- How to craft an elevator pitch
- How to flesh out the elevator pitch to a basic investor / press bio overview
- The role of the customer life cycle in messaging to customers
- What personas are and how you should build and use them
- How to overlay execution on the customer lifecycle using personas
- SEO: How to select keywords and where to put them (basic on-page tips)
- SEM: What it is and how to approach it
- Social Media: Types of social sites and the role it plays in the customer lifecycle
- Email Marketing: Types and role it plays
- eCommerce: Basic discussion of why it is different from many other business types
If those topics are of interest to you, take a few moments to review the slides below. I also want to invite you to attend one of the next two sessions in the series.
Next week, is the Email Marketing and Automation session. I am not presenting this one, but it should be a good workshop. Below is the description from the SCORE Austin website:
Join Main Street Hub’s Andrew Glass to learn everything you need to know about Email Marketing and Automation. High quality content is where good marketing begins and delivering that content to the right customer at the right time is the goal. This workshop will help you create a plan to drive business through modern email marketing tactics.
And the following week, I’ll be back with my own class on using social media for content marketing purposes. Here’s that description:
Social Media Marketing has been the buzzword for five years. In a business environment where “everyone” is an expert, it is easy to get caught up in the hype. Join Tommy Landry as we analyze actionable strategies for combining content marketing and social networking to drive increased awareness, credibility, and word of mouth for your business.
I hope to see you there. Enjoy the slides below.
Latest posts by Tommy Landry (see all)
- SEO 2018 Predictions and Trends - January 9, 2018
- INFOGRAPHIC: What to Look For In a Monthly SEO Package - November 28, 2017
- Google Disavow Tool: Is It Still Useful for Off-Page #SEO? - July 25, 2017