Coming out of the holiday season, it is a great time to reflect over how the past year went, what plans and aspirations are in process, and what the coming year has in store for us. Many of us encapsulate this as New Year’s resolutions.
It is very refreshing to look at the next year with hope and optimism. While I do not personally subscribe to the idea of resolutions (every day is a great time to do better for yourself, right?), I completely support the idea inventorying my own progress and doing a level set for the next 12 months.
Review and Preview: Transitioning to 2013
2012 was a year of transition in my world. There were personal challenges without question, and professional challenges that blossomed into opportunities and new possibilities.
A year ago, this was a blog supporting a part-time consultancy for SEO and Social Media. Posts came when the daily grind opened up a block of time long enough to cobble together my thoughts, brainstorms, and revelations.
Fast forward 12 months, and it’s a whole new story. Back in the early summer, I kicked off a content marketing program that continues through today. Very soon thereafter, I was able to finally commit to driving growth for Return On Now on a full time basis, including the build out of my virtual team.
Today, we offer a full range of online marketing services. We now have extended team support for PPC, Content Generation, Web Design, SEO Execution, and Website Development. Through partnerships, we are able to provide support for email marketing, marketing automation, and list acquisition services.
The vision was always there, but the timing is finally right.
Closing With Some Thanks
As I head into next year, I want to take a moment to appreciate a few people who have helped me get here.
- My beautiful family, who has provided me with the support and love I needed to take the leap. I have always dabbled in entrepreneurship, having started two earlier companies and been involved in consulting on-and-off for over 10 years now.
- My local agency friends, whom have embraced me and extended helping hands repeatedly over the past 12 months. The most savvy business people in town understand that we are all in this together, and that all ships can rise by collaborating. If you offer marketing services and want to discuss extending your offering into online / SEO / PPC, touch base and let’s talk.
- All of my network of contacts, both IRL and via social media. You have inspired me, made introductions for me, provided sounding boards, helped brainstorm, and even bail me out of emergency situations multiple times. People are worth more than gold, and every one of you matters.
- The City of Austin as a whole, my favorite city in Texas and possibly in the USA. The local entrepreneurial spirit and the resources available to us make this a very special place to live and work. Cheers to the city and the local chamber of commerce, as well as all of the incubators, coworking providers, and angel investors who help foster business growth from the lowest rung of the ladder upward.
And of course, this is also all possible in part because of you, the readers of this blog. Most of my lead gen is via word of mouth, so I thank every one of you whom has read, shared, and discussed my work. I thank everyone who has attended one of my local presentations, and everyone whom has referred me to potential or current clients and projects over the past 12 months.
Thank you, best of luck in 2013, and Namaste,
Return On Now
Latest posts by Tommy Landry (see all)
- How to Create High-Converting B2B Instagram Content: 5 Tried-and-Tested Tips - July 5, 2021
- How to Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly - June 17, 2021
- Want to Get Into Information Products? Start Here. - November 6, 2020