In my ongoing networking with various marketing colleagues, it has become apparent that the general level of understanding about SEO is rather low. Most marketing folks really do understand that SEO is important, so they have at least read up on the “why” and some basic on-page items you can do to optimize for search engines.
Now, with the rather massive changes that Google has rolled out with the initial Panda / Farmer update and more recent update to PageRank, the knowledge gap has expanded for most of us. Just this week I was chatting with a couple of SEO folks here in Austin, and they had completely missed when Google updated its PageRank formula not once, but twice in the past two months. [Read more about the PageRank update and other recent Google changes on WebProNews, one of our recommended blogs in the list below.]
The most common question I get is, “What are your favorite online resources for me to learn more about SEO?” Typically, I rattle off a couple of my favorites, but it is due time that I take a moment to share a more thorough list here on Return On Now.
The following list is meant to be a starting point. I did not take the time to rank them, as each of these blogs offers solid content that has proven useful to me in one area or another. And of course, I start with the SEO king of Google himself…
Top Blogs Covering Search Engine Optimization
- Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO
- The Daily SEO Blog (SEOmoz)
- SEO Blog (SEO Book)
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Watch: SEO Category
- Search Engine Journal: SEO Category
- Graywolf’s SEO Blog (by Michael Gray)
- Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Engine Guide
- TopRank Online Marketing Blog (Lee Odden)
- SEO Scientist (possibly a best kept secret in the SEO industry)
- Search Engine Optimization Journal
- Website Magazine (tag=SEO)
- GoogleCache (SEO Research and Ramblings)
- Search Marketing Wisdom
- SEO 2.0 SEO Blog
There you have it, my list of the top resources I turn to when looking for industry news and analysis about search engine optimization.
What did I miss?
Please recommend any other great resources that I may have overlooked below in the comments. I’ll go back and update the post to add more if you come up with some solid finds that our readers would enjoy as well.
Latest posts by Tommy Landry (see all)
- 10x Content Repurposing: How to Reach A Wider Audience - February 22, 2024
- 10x Content Promotion: Best Tactics For Driving Exposure - February 20, 2024
- 10x Content: In-Depth Guide To Outpace the SEO Competition - February 15, 2024