This week I was honored to take part in the Austin edition of LocalU, a traveling series of training seminars that teaches small businesses how to market themselves online in their locale.
If you are unfamiliar with LocalU, take time to review their website. They cover all of the key topics you might want to see, including:
- How to build a good website for usability, mobile browsing, and ranking
- Step by step instructions for optimizing your website for search engine crawling and indexing (my session)
- The role of social media in promoting your business and content
- How to handle local directories and reviews
- Detailed instruction about how to set up and manage a Google My Business page (presented live by a member of the Google My Business team)
- Where email marketing should fit into your online marketing strategy
It was a great day of trainings, and in addition to presenting my own knowledge, I was able to take away a few nuggets of expertise from the other outstanding speakers. The lineup was fantastic, including thought leaders such as David Mihm of Moz, Mike Blumenthal of Blumenthals, Inc., Mike Ramsey of Nifty Marketing, Ed Reese from Sixth Man Marketing, Spyder Trap‘s Aaron Weiche, and the entertaining Will Scott of Search Influence. You can read more about LocalU’s list of industry experts on their website.
I also want to give a shout out to Austin’s own Julie Niehoff who represented Constant Contact as an event sponsor and presenter on the topic of email marketing for small businesses. Julie’s presentation was interesting and engaging, and her “now, later, never” analogy for how we review emails in our in-box is something that will stick with me moving forward. Well done Julie.
Local Search Engine Optimization / Website Optimization Basics Slideshow
Thank you to Nando Cabán-Méndez, (a.k.a. Nando Journeyman) for the picture used as our feature image. It was great to visit with you after the event Nando!
Latest posts by Tommy Landry (see all)
- How to Create High-Converting B2B Instagram Content: 5 Tried-and-Tested Tips - July 5, 2021
- How to Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly - June 17, 2021
- Want to Get Into Information Products? Start Here. - November 6, 2020