We are proud to offer a new service focused on managing your online reputation. We have found that nearly anyone with a brand or web presence can use help.
Let’s take a moment to understand what the service is all about.
Online Reputation Management: What Is It?
Online Reputation Management (ORM) monitors and addresses negative mentions of your name, brand, or business online. The objective is to remove or push down the negative mentions that appear in the SERPs.
FACT: 52.5% of online searches result in a click on a page 1 SERP
According to an SEOmoz study, less than 60% of searches lead to a click on an organic result in the SERPs. If nearly 53% of searches result in a page 1 click, the objective is to push negative comments down to a deeper location in the results.
For example, no more than 0.3% of searches result in a click on a Page 2 organic result. Even moving a bad comment or review down a page helps remove the vast majority of your exposure.
What happens to the other 40+%?
Don’t forget that organic results are not the only option. The rest of the searches proceed with one of the following actions:
- Click a sidebar PPC advertisement
- Click the “Back” button
- Enter a new search query
- Give up searching and exit the SERP altogether
Exactly How Does One Influence Online Reputation?
There are many techniques to employ in this effort. The key areas include:
- Monitor: Using multiple online monitoring tools, we help keep tabs on what the “webosphere” is saying about you and your brand.
- Suppress: We have years of experience in negotiating with websites and online services. Sometimes the answer is simply to make the request. We do this for you.
- Overwhelm: Suppression does not always work for a variety of reasons. When that happens, we help you build a positive online presence that can overtake the negative by sheer volume.
Some of this is positioning. Some is content marketing. And it is all about giving you the keys to your own credibility.
You can’t fix this by ignoring it. You need to take action.
Contact Us Today To Learn More
We are available to help you get your reputation back under control. Please contact us via the ORM Services page, and we will customize a plan to help get you there.